POSTED: November 27, 2023
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising. Handling over 1 trillion queries per day, our platform operates at an unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, ownership, empathy, and collaboration. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a dynamic, globally- connected team where your contributions will make a meaningful difference in building a better media ecosystem? Come and see why Fortune magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among the best small- to medium-sized workplaces globally.
What we do:
- Optimization: How do we decide what ads to show to who and when to maximize the return on investment for an advertising campaign? How do we apply that decision making algorithm 11 million times per second, for thousands of advertising campaigns at once?
- Forecasting: Can we predict with confidence how many people will be reached by an advertising campaign, and how much it will cost to reach them? Can we do that months in advance?
- Experimental design: How do we measure the impact of any changes we introduce to our optimization models? How do we quantify any tradeoffs those models may introduce (e.g., you pay more for each ad impression, but each impression is more valuable)?
- Causal inference: How do we determine what ads are performing best? What does it mean to have a high performing campaign? (Hint: clicks aren't the answer!)
- Machine Learning: How can we predict demographic information or interest of a given user by natural language processing and machine learning over hundreds of millions of web pages, graph mining and algorithmic optimization on petabytes of data.
What you'll do:
- Own a meaningful project.Have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new and existing data products, experiencing firsthand the day-to-day life of a professional data scientist. We believe strongly in ownership at The Trade Desk, and we are committed to you having something substantial to show for your time here that will make a positive impact for the team.
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from an experienced Data Scientist and members of the Data Science team.
- Collaborate with a globally-connected teamwhere you will also interact closely with our product, trading, and engineering teams to oversee the implementation of your projects.
Who you are:
You might be a great fit for a Data Science internship at The Trade Desk if you
- Are enthusiastic to learn (and teach) new technologies, machine learning techniques, and advancements in the AdTech industry.
- Have an abundance of intellectual curiosity.
- Have a deep understanding of statistical machine learning and optimization techniques.
- Want to work with big data technologies such as Spark and AWS.
- Have experience in at least one programming language (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.) and are comfortable with SQL by the start of the internship.
- Are able to deliver a convincing story, derived from data, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are enrolled in a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree program.
- Have an expected graduation date between Fall 2024 and Summer 2025.
- Can work in our physical office for the duration of your internship.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job form here